I received a rather delightful phone call from my little sister this Sunday. My 10 years old sister called me on my cell phone, and what was supposed to be a “prank call” turn into this conversation.
R: Hi T, what are you doing?
Me: Nothing miss me?
R: No not really but I want wings.
Slightly joking but I know she did want wings and so did I.
Wings is located in Newton Surrey area. On Sundays, they offer a 40 cents wings special all day, with a drink. This place is great, really. Mainly because wings is probably ONE of my favourite foods and the other is because they have an awesome wide combination of wings and sauces. We (W, R, and I) ordered 4 lbs of wings in the following sauces: Honey Garlic, Salt & Pepper, Sweet Chilean Chili and Bula Fiji. Like I said, they offer an extensive flavors of wings that you probably won’t come across anywhere else. Their menu are frequently changing thus adding new flavors for us to try out!
However, there is a few general reasons why I don’t come here as often as I use to. And being that I am such a frequent diner at this place and from very skillful observation and experiences, I have come up with my own list of pros & cons.
1. A large selection of wings
2. Very cheap on Sunday (40 cents with a drink)
3. They offer tins for your bones & wet napkins. LOL Why do I find this interesting? Could it be that I am too lazy to wander my way to the washroom (to wash my hands?) MAYBE… But the tins are kind of cute. I know a few people that had no clue what the tins are for…… lol
4. The wings are delicious and SOMETIMES they are fairly large.
1. HUGE LINE UP on Sundays (we waited for an hour)
2. On Sundays the wings aren’t as great as when you go on a normal day (in my opinion)
3. Regular menu isn’t that great.
That being said, do you know me enough to know why I don’t come here?!?! The line up is FREAKING long. During a Canucks game, at times we have to wait at least 1.5 hours to get a table. I am so impatience especially when my stomach is NOT on my side. Usually after 10 mins of waiting for a table anywhere, I rather be in Qikiqtarjuaq. But because of my sister. I suffered. (Best sister award can be send directly to my home, thank you). LOL or I wasn’t angry-bird cousin kind of hungry at that point. Bottom line — it’s worth it if you aren’t that hungry but if you are, I suggest even Wing St. to be a far better option.